Adding a contract is very simple! There are three ways to do so:
The first way is to click on the Add Contract button under the Contracts section.
The second way is to use an existing contract template. Go to the Templates section and click on the template that you would like to use.
Then click the Actions dropdown menu and then Create Contract from Contract Template:
If you started the procurement in Bonfire's Evaluation module, you can also create the contract from the project itself, which is the third method. To do this the project must be Marked as Completed. Go to the Submissions section and along the row of the vendor with whom the contract is with, click Actions → Create Contract.
No matter which of the three above methods you use to add a contract, the next steps will be the same.
The Add Contract modal will pop up. Fields that require entry will be marked with a red asterisk (*). All other fields are optional:
- Contract: the title of the contract.
- Department: the dropdown menu populates departments that exist within your Organization within Bonfire.
- Vendor: select an existing Vendor/Supplier or type a value to create a new one.
- Description: an optional field for adding more relevant details.
- Notes: an optional field for adding any additional information.
- Lead Time (days): how much lead time you need (in days) before the contract ends.
- Renewable: label the contract as Renewable; this will behave similarly to a tag which then becomes a searchable field.
- You can check the Automatically change to next term box in order to automatically renew the contract based on the next available term.
- Extendable: label the contract as Extendable; this will behave similarly to a tag which then becomes a searchable field. You can define the extension periods once the contract is created.
- NOTE: this is only a label and does NOT automatically extend the contract.
- Start Date: the date the contract begins.
- End Date: the date the contract ends.
- Value: how much the contract is worth.
- Currency: select the correct currency from the dropdown list.
- Public: specify whether the contract is viewable by the public or only accessible to people within your Organization. (NOTE: In order to view this option, you will also need to enable the Public Contracts feature by contacting Support@GoBonfire.com.)
- Contract Type: you can select the type of contract from the dropdown list (if applicable). These are defined by the Org Admin.
- Project and Proposal: allows you to associate your contract with an existing project and the winning submission for easy access. Selecting a Project will generate a quick access link directly to the Project within Bonfire that is made available from the Contract details window.
- Copy Documents: this feature allows you to copy over any Public Files and/or Submission documents from the selected project and proposal to the contract. You can either select all Public Files and Submission docs, or certain ones.
- Custom Contract Fields: these are custom fields created by you (see Contract Settings - Custom Contract Fields and Contract Types) that can also be made public or private.