Adding a contract is very simple! There are three ways to do so:
The first way is to click on the Add Contract button under the Contracts section.
The second way is to use an existing contract template. Go to the Templates section and click on the template that you would like to use:
Then click the Actions dropdown menu and then Create Contract from Contract Template:
If you started the solicitation in Bonfire's Evaluation module, you can also create the contract from the project itself, which is the third method. To do this, the project must be Marked as Completed. Go to the Submissions section and along the row of the vendor with whom the contract is with, click Actions → Create Contract:
No matter which of the three above methods you use to add a contract, the next steps will be the same. You will be brought to the Create a Contract page where you are given two options on how to start preparing the contract: either Start from a Template or Blank Contract:
Starting from a Template
It is easier than ever to access existing contract templates. Starting from a Template will carry over any Contract details and attributes into the Contract Create Flow page, and after activating the contract, any Commodity Codes, Documents and People added to the template will also be found to have carried over into the new contract. This allows users to cut down on the amount of repetitive work needed to create a contract quickly.
Starting from a Blank Contract
By choosing Blank Contract, users have the ability to start from scratch with a completely blank contract. However, there will be required default fields, and possible required custom fields, marked with a red asterisk that will need to be completed prior to activating the contract.
Once you have chosen an option, click on Next Step at the bottom.
The Create an Active Contract modal will pop up. Fields that require entry will be marked with a red asterisk (*). All other fields are optional:
This next step will allow you to set up the contract details and attributes, ensuring that the required fields are filled out at minimum. If choosing to start from a template was selected, this page may already be populated with information from the template. The information can be edited at this time, or even later after the contract has been created. The following are the default fields for a contract that are found on the left side of the page:
- Contract Title: the title of the contract.
- Contract Description: an optional field for adding more relevant details.
- Contract Type: you can select the type of contract from the dropdown list (if applicable). These are defined by the Org Admin.
- Department: the dropdown menu populates departments that exist within your Organization within Bonfire.
- Vendor: select an existing Vendor/Supplier or type a value to create a new one.
- Value: how much the contract is worth.
- Currency: select the correct currency from the dropdown list.
- Start Date: the date the contract begins.
- End Date: the date the contract ends.
- Lead Time (days): how much lead time you need (in days) before the contract ends.
Beneath the default fields are additional options to define your contract:
- Have this contract appear on the Public Portal? If your organization has enabled Public Contracts to appear on its portal page, this option allows the contract to show up publicly on your portal for everyone to view. (NOTE: In order to view this option, you will also need to enable the Public Contracts feature by contacting Support@GoBonfire.com.)
- Renewable? Select this option if the contract can be renewed at the end of its term. If this is checked, the Automatically change to next term? option will become available.
- Automatically change to next term? With the Renewable option selected, this option will become available and when the term expires, the system will automatically push the contract into its next defined term.
- Extendable - This option is more of a label to note that the contract could potentially be extended in the future. You can define the extension periods once the contract is created. Note this does NOT automatically extend the contract.
On the right-hand side of the page, you are able to further define your contract with certain attributes. The General Notes section is available by default and is optional to fill out. It allows contract creators to enter additional relevant information regarding the contract, so it is easily seen when viewing the contract details.
Other optional default features are the Project and Proposal selections. These allow you to associate a contract with an existing project and the winning submission for easy access. Selecting a project will generate a quick access link directly to the project within your portal that is made available from the contract details window. If a project is selected, the Copy Documents feature will be enabled, and this allows you to copy over any Public Files and/or Submission documents from the selected project and proposal to the contract. You can either select all Public Files and Submission documents, or specific ones.
Please note: The Copy Documents feature can only be used during the contract creation process. After a contract has been created, the documents would need to be added manually in the Documents section.
There may also be Custom Contract Fields which are created by your organization (see Contract Settings - Custom Contract Fields and Contract Types) that can also be made public or private.