This article will provide a quick overview of the Bonfire platform. Once you have received an invitation from your contact at Bonfire and created your account, you'll be able to use this article to get acquainted with the portal. It is worth noting that this is a high-level overview; many of these modules can be broken down more extensively in other articles.
Upon logging in, you will see several tabs across the top of your screen: Projects, Contracts, Vendors, Insights, Portal, and Settings. This course will provide a high-level overview of each of these tabs
Note that the tabs that you see will be dependant upon your User role within your Bonfire portal and your Organization's Bonfire subscription.
The Projects Dashboard is the main page you will see when you click on the Projects tab in your Bonfire portal. You can create projects from this tab and navigate to any active, templated or drafted projects.
You will see a number of graphs and metrics on display in the top left corner of the dashboard; these are your project insights and key performance indicators (KPIs). Current project statuses, number of submissions received, money awarded/saved for the year, and pages saved are all covered here.
On the right-hand side of your KPIs, you can see your feed, which will update based on user interactions. All interactions with your projects by any user type will show up here with a timestamp.
The Navigation menu on the left-hand side gives you an overview of all your projects, as well as which stage they're in. You can use the search bar to find a project based on keywords.
Finally, there are three tabs near the bottom of the dashboard, all of which can be expanded by clicking + Show.
- The Active Projects tab will hold all projects you are running or have run in the past, including projects in the Pending, Open, Evaluating, Complete or Awarded stages. You can create a project by clicking Add Project.
- The Project Templates tab will store any existing templates, which are created from past projects and can be utilized for future projects. Within a project, click Actions in the dropdown menu and then click Create Project Template from Project.
- The Project Drafts tab will hold any project drafts you've created, that have yet to be published. You can create a draft by clicking Add Project Draft.
- The Schedule tab can be expanded to display a full calendar containing all of your projects' major deadlines. (NOTE: This section is only visible if there are less than 50 Active Projects.)
The Contracts Dashboard allows you to view all your contracts and contract templates. Be sure to reach out to your contact at Bonfire if you wish to enable this feature in your portal.
Similar to the projects dashboard, your contract KPIs are on full display on your dashboard. This tracks your total contracts, the total value, and differentiates between extendable and non-extendable contracts.
The Navigation menu provides a similar view for contracts as it does for projects. Here you can view all Pending, Active, and Expired contracts.
The calendar below this section indicates when important contract actions are scheduled to occur. Darker shades of orange indicate a higher number of contracts with respective actions on that given day.
The Reminders section outlines upcoming custom reminders with respect to your contracts. You can change the timeline by clicking the drop-down menu; your options are Next 3 Months, Next 6 Months, Next Year, or Next 2 Years.
There are also three expandable tabs on this dashboard:
- The Contracts tab holds all of the contracts you have in your portal. You can add contracts by clicking Add Contract
- The Templates tab holds all contract templates you have created. You can create a template by clicking Add Contract Template.
- The Settings tab gives you the option to define Custom Contract Fields, Custom Contract Documents, and Contract Types.
The Vendors Dashboard houses all Vendor information and records from your past and current projects.
Vendor KPIs will be visible in the same way project and contract KPIs are on their respective dashboards. You can see how many Vendors have joined this month or this year, and you can also see the number of Vendor lists you have created this year.
Your Vendor feed will update when a Vendor joins your portal or performs some sort of action within a project.
There are four expandable tabs on this page to familiarize yourself with:
- The Vendor Records tab stores a list of every Vendor that has interacted with our portal at some point in time. It contains important Vendor details, including contact name, email, date joined, etc.
- The Vendor Lists tab allows you to manage and create lists to keep track of your Vendors and make it easier to do Vendor invites.
- The Registration Settings tab enables you to customize the process a Vendor must undergo to create their Vendor Record for your Organization. Here, you can indicate which custom fields and Vendor documents you wish to request of your Vendors. You can also create various Vendor Types that your Vendors can assign to their accounts and dictate whether or not you would like to make Commodity Codes mandatory.
- The Performance Surveys tab stores every Vendor Performance survey you have sent out. This tab allows you to view Vendor name, contract info, cadence with which the survey is sent out, associated respondents, engagement score, and performance rating. Click Create to send out a new performance survey for one of your Vendors. If you would like to inquire more about Vendor Performance Surveys, reach out to your Bonfire contact.
The Insights page provides ample data gathered from all of your past projects. This feature must also be enabled by your Bonfire contact.
The bar graphs visible on this page can reflect whichever type of data you would like to view; in this case, they reflect the Average Number of Users per Project. You can opt to either view this information in chart form, as seen above or in raw data form.
On the right-hand side, the drop-down menu entitled Insight will allow you to choose the type of data you would like to view. Upon changing this, the chart data on the left will change accordingly.
The Filters section below this drop-down can be toggled on and off to render more specific data. You can filter based on date, project type, project owners, or departments. To remove these filters, click Undo or Reset near the bottom of the section.
The Manage page allows you to manage users, departments, and general portal settings. Any high level modifications can be made on this page.
The Users tab holds all Bonfire users you have created, as Observers, Reviewers, or Advisors, as well as any org members you have added as users, including Department Managers and Org Admins. Reach out to your contact at Bonfire before creating new users, as some roles have a cost associated with them. Roles can be edited at any time, and account accesses can be either enabled or disabled easily under this tab.
The Pending User Invitations tab holds any org member you have invited to your portal. Once they accept their invite, they will move into the Users tab.
The Departments tab allows you to create and store any relevant departments you would like to include in your portal. Departments can be created, edited, or deleted under this tab.
The Upload Organization Logo tab allows you to import an org logo, which will display in the top left corner of your portal.
The Primary Contact Information tab holds any info you initially inputted pertaining to whomever you select as your primary contact. This info can be changed at any time.
The Public Portal page displays your portal exactly as it will appear to Vendors. You can use this tab to preview your projects from a Vendor's perspective.
The Open Public Opportunities tab allows you to view any active projects in your portal. Click on View Opportunity to view the project how any of your Vendors would.
The Past Public Opportunities tab (if enabled) provides a similar view to the previous one, but it displays projects that have closed or been awarded. Vendors will be able to view these opportunities, but will not be able to bid on them.
The My Opportunities tab will list any projects that a Vendor has already bid on, or been invited to bid on. Note that since you're a Buyer and not a Vendor, this tab will be blank.
The Settings Tab allows you to modify your basic portal settings.
The Name tab allows you to change your first and last name if this information was entered incorrectly. Your name always shows up in the top right corner of your portal.
The Email and Password tab allows you to change either the email or password associated with your account.
The Profile Picture tab allows you to upload a picture that will appear in the area beside your name in the top right corner of your portal.
The Preferred Language tab allows you to select the language you would like your portal in.
The Timezone tab allows you to select your timezone so that any time that appears on your portal will be displayed for your timezone.