If you're seeing Excel close or crash when you are trying to print or print preview an Excel file downloaded from Bonfire, there are a couple of things to try.
First, ensure that the file is saved to your computer.
1. Download the file and open it from the bar at the bottom of your screen:
2. From the file, Save the document to a location on your computer.
3. Close the document, and re-open it from the location on your computer.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Download the file to your computer.
2. Click Save instead of Open.
If saving the file to your computer does not work and you're still experiencing crashing when trying to print, there may be an issue of communication between your printer and your computer.
Try changing your default printer using the following steps:
1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Click on Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on Microsoft XPS Document Writer and set it as the default printer.
You can also try running Microsoft Excel in "Safe Mode" to ensure that no other programs cause it to crash. To do this:
1. Open up Command Prompt by holding down the Windows key and the R key on your keyboard, or by choosing Run from your Start Menu.
2. In the Command Prompt window, type "excel.exe /safe" (without the quotation marks).