Public Notices are messages that are visible to anyone who can view the opportunity. All vendors related to the project will be notified via email when you send a new Public Notice.
The Public Notices are located under the Messages section.
To create a new Public Notice, Scroll down to the Messages area and click on the "Create a new Public Notice" button.
When you click Create a new Public Notice you will see the following:
- a Search bar where you can input keywords to search through Public Notices
- a list of existing Public Notices will appear under the Search bar
- a list of vendors who will be notified of the Public Notice (this is only visible to internal users)
- the Subject line and Message box, this is where you will input the information for your Public Notice
- Attach File button, include a file along with your Public Notice
- Send button, this will post the Public Notice on the project page and trigger the email notification sent to the applicable vendors
- Create a new Public Notice button, initiate a new Public Notice
Note that if you attach a file to your Public Notice using the Attach File button, the file will be automatically uploaded as a Public File.
In addition to manually creating a Public Notice, they can also be created when you make a change to a project while it is the Open Stage (accepting submissions). Bonfire will determine whether or not the change might impact existing Vendor submissions.
If Bonfire detects an impact, a red warning banner will show up at the top of the project page:
"Project Details Have Changed. You may want to distribute updated Submission Instructions and 'Notify Suppliers via Public Notices' to review the Project Details and Requested Information listed on the portal. or click the 'x' to permanently dismiss this message."
You can dismiss this message, or you can click the Notify Suppliers button to access the Public Notice section.
Some common examples of changes that trigger the Notify Suppliers button:
Clicking on the Notify Suppliers button takes you directly to the Public Notice section where a pre-populated message will appear. You can modify and edit the existing subject and body of the message.
In our example above, we have modified our project by extending the Close Date. The subject line and body of the message have been pre-populated accordingly. Keep in mind you can always modify and change them. You can also attach a file to this Public Notice if necessary.
When you click on the Send button, any Vendors that have interacted with your project will be sent an email showing them the Public Notice. Anyone who can view the opportunity will also be able to see the notice on the Project Page:
Public Notice emails are automatically queued and sent once every half hour (30 minutes). Once you have sent your Public Notice it cannot be edited.